Monday, April 27, 2009

Restlessness

This semester, I find myself with more free time than I am used to. School and the homework load have been fairly easy on me, and my internship only takes up about 12 hours a week... having quit my job in order to make room for the internship (which I now find I didn't really need to do at all) I have so much free time that it makes me uneasy.

Take today for example. I have the luxury of having absolutely nothing to do on Mondays! This morning I woke up bright and early (though it wasn't so bright considering I woke up before the sun) in order to make it the the KPBS studio on campus by 6:30 to put in some volunteer hours. I spent three of them on the phones taking pledges. It really wasn't so bad, but I was hoping I would be able to make some contacts there for communication related positions but that doesn't seem to be the case. I suppose I should just volunteer for the sake of doing something good!

Anyway, now it is midday, and I have nothing left to do. I could work out, but I just lack the energy. I could do homework in advance but I lack the drive. I want to do SOMETHING but I just don't know what. I'm restless. I think I need to be pushed to be busy or I will eventually submit to laziness, which could be a hard habit to break. I definitely don't want that. I'm on the verge of graduation without a job, and therefore, I could easily be on the path to become a bum.

I think I'll look into that lifestyle. I wonder how happy they are.

On a side note, I have to mention, there is some hope for me after all. I have a call back today from a company that is Motivational speaking/ life coaching entity. I would be a part-time (very part, as in 10 hours a week maybe) social media/ pr intern. Really, it means I will be managing all their social networking sites and writing newsletters. How bad can that be? If the call goes well I will be called in for a "potential interview". I will let you know how it goes. My only concern is, if I commit to this, and then also have the prospect for a full-time job, what will I do? Better not mention that in the interview...

Good day to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment