Monday, May 4, 2009

Where the sidewalk ends

So this is it, down to the wire. It is May 4th, and I am less than 20 days from graduation. Here is the update on the job search.

1. I have an interview this Wednesday with the motivational speaker... keep in mind, it is only part time and $10 an hour. I am worried that if I have other job opportunities that it will get in the way of those...

2. My boss where I am currently interning said he would be happy to refer me to the Chief Director of Relations at the San Diego Unified School District who mentioned he might like some added help on some project. I believe this would be a salaried entry level position... pretty much a dream job for a college graduate.

Now, I have a couple problems. One, this Wednesday interview is approaching fast and I am both worried to accept the job, as well as be rejected from it. I don't want to be left with nothing at all, but I'd rather not commit to something that my inhibit other opportunities. Problem two is this: I sent a well written e-mail to the Chief Director, and after I sent it, I realized in the FIRST line, instead of Dear Mr. ----- I said, "Dr. Mr. -----" I DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED! I was too concerned double checking the rest of the e-mail that I completely over looked it. What was I thinking? My only prayer is he overlooks it as well, but it is a long shot. As a PR intern, I really should have perfect superb writing skills, yet I botched it in the first line. I think those two letters ruined my future.

Like I said, this is it. I feel like my hand has been held for the last 21 years down this path, and now, in the distance, I can see the path stop, destination CLIFF!.... and every step I take, I become more and more panicked, and I'd like to let go of this hand, and I want to say, "Let's just go back" but they nod their heads, and smile to assure me and keep me moving on, and it gets closer and Closer and CLOSER and I'm curious but afraid at the same time... there it is, the cliff. You can look over the edge all you want, but you will have to jump at some point and there is no going back.

I'd like to find my wings please (and soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment