Monday, May 25, 2009

Once upon an optimistic day

Freshman year...

Some sappy thoughts for you from me, Steph, that I thought I would share. Here goes... Think about your life...(pause to really give you time to) really just think about it, and you will realize how good it really is. We all have so much to be thankful for (truly!), the beauty and brevity of life is ASTOUNDING, and should NEVER be taken for granted, though it frequently is. Its so hard to make the most of every day we are given, everyone says you should, there are thousands of quotes about it; Live like its your last, Live like its brand new, but it is rather hard to get it into your head in a way that makes sense, in a way that will drive you. Maybe today you can wake up and actually TRY, try something different?. . . and see where it gets you? Don’t go through the motions, and just do something unplanned.

Most won't take these words seriously, this won’t be read as a call to action, but in case anyone does, its not that hard to make a real great change to your life, if you really truly want it. Your character, your attitude, its not that difficult to be who you want to be, its all a matter of changing your heart and mind and getting the both of those wonderful parts in sync!! I'm taking steps in that direction, so that’s my message to anyone who wants to follow me. These seem like just words, right, words that are trying to come off as inspirational. That’s not what I'm aiming for, (unless it works out that way!) But hey! Seriously, just give it a thought.

Life is good, find good people, and share it with them. Doing simple things like sharing, teaching, smiling more, having patience for people, ACCEPTING others for who they really are, their quirks and habits, saying bless you, hey, it helps. I’ve been finding that out. I’ve read things like this all the time, and I always think, being nice, helping others, loving life, wow, that’s touching, then forget about it, and go through another day grumbling about homework and being mad that Grey’s wasn’t new tonight.... It wasn’t too long ago that I took a second look at how I was acting and thought, WTF is wrong with me? Lol, no really, I don’t swear but I think I might have thought that. But if you put words to action you'll find its a whole other ball game and you are winning, and so is everyone else (What?! Yeah, really!).

All I’m saying is, give this life of yours a second chance, if you don’t agree with me now about how good it really is, make some changes. I don't know exactly what to tell you individually about getting to the place I'm at right now, how happy I am, but when you figure out your own path, you'll find like I did that there's no where else you'll want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment